Oh Boy! Here was the big day. His new school came with a lot of firsts. New friends, new teacher (Ms Saunders), new class, new before and after school care (BASE), new expectations for this big Kindergartner! I'm pretty sure Kasey looked to be the calmest kid in the class. Nothing like the first girl in line. She looked petrified!
Ms Saunders read "The Kissing Hand" in front of the new students and their parents. I'm pretty sure she was Trying to make the parents cry. Kasey was unaffected (unlike his mommy). I was ready to receive my kissing hand and a nice long hug before heading off to work. Kasey didn't even want to leave his spot on the carpet to say goodbye. Not this kid. He was ready for school. I finally convinced him to come say goodbye. This is what I got... "Mom, can I not give you a kissing hand? Is just a small hug ok?" Um, (gulp)... OK. Can I have a kiss at least? "No". My little Man is growing up... Way Too Fast!
Karsten's first day of Kindergarten at OVLC was on his Birthday! He watched Kasey enjoy all the fun times and field trips for the past year as well as watching Kasey 'graduate' this past May. Karsten was Super Excited to attend his First Day of Kindergarten in Ms Watson's class on Aug 25th. He even got prepped with a new backpack for the big occasion. Another kid who is growing up Way Too Fast.



No comments:
Post a Comment