Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Spring Storms are the Best

We had two late spring storms this year; both pretty fierce.  One was March 23rd (work from home day!) and the other landed on the weekend of April 16th/17th.  We first tried working from home... I would try to explain how that went, but a picture is worth 1,000 words.
After that fail, it was finding activities to keep them busy.  First was building Bunchems.  This actually ended up filling a good couple hours! #WorkingMomWin.  Karsten was super proud of his creation of Kevin, the mythical "Snipe" from the movie 'UP'.
That is all cleaned up - still cold out side - Now, what?  Who wants to make Grandma Mert's Banana Bread?  Yum!
Turned out perfect - Now What?  Puzzle time, anyone?  Thanks to having a brand new, fairly tough puzzle; this lasted almost 45 min.  PS: Day is only half over at this point - ha!
Storm #2 ~ what better time to watch the Star Wars Trilogy (er, Sixolgy?) than a big storm day?!!  I got to see Star Wars for the first time and must admit; I still have no idea of the overall plot.  We made it through Star Wars I through Star Wars IV.  I see two more movies in my near future!
After we shoveled off the driveway, it was time for some play in the snow. The sun was out and so were the fast pitch snowballs!
Oh Dear!  Um, after all that shoveling, all we wanted to do was hot tub those sore muscles.  That did not look plausible... until I had three very sweet helpers who assisted in a path over to our hot tub!
Best way to make it through a storm with your sanity is ... um ... I wouldn't know - I think mine left on several occasions during this year's spring storms! What I can tell you is that as cute as our little snowman (who Karsten called "Mr Business") was... I am looking forward to flowers in that pot shortly! Happy Spring, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment