Saturday, April 16, 2016

Boys and Their Toys

When I packed up my favorite kid stuff from the Mattson house, I carefully packed by Cabbage Patch dolls, my Barbies, the My Little Ponies.... and then I realized... my boys will never want to play with those.  Instead, they have been drawn to Super Heroes, Matchbox cars and Daddy's old He-Man Castle.  I'm just glad Kris' parents let him carefully pack up his childhood too.  It has been fun watching them play with his old matchbox cars (built way better than today's version), his Dukes of Hazard car, the A-team Van, and of course little Army men.  My favorite day was watching them recreate the He-Man adventures.
Dressing up like a Super Hero is all it takes to entertain these days... Karsten's favorite is currently Hawk Eye and Kasey's is the Hulk.  Here is Karsten playing pretend as Amy bought some time shopping for some pretty new things.
After watching all the fun of dressing up like a super hero and all the play time we watch at home... Kris just Knew that we had to buy tickets to Marvel Live when it came through town.  Truth be told, he would've rather taken Uncle Jimmy and the boys, but Amy was interested in going too!
The show was quite amazing, but I think the best part were the free super hero face masks; which by the way ~ still make appearances in our house during super hero play!  It's the little things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment