Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tri for a Cure 2014

Amy has enjoyed doing this particular triathlon since 2008 and hopes to do it many years in the future.  The best part about this race is the women she gets to do it with each year.  This year, Amy got to have support from Kendall, Alisa, Angie and Amy (aka: Newman to avoid confusion).  Kendall is superwoman and was already in the competitive wave during the picture above and we couldn't find Newman until after the race was complete.  But here we are ready for the big race and here is my cheer squad.  I should mention that my three boys all got up around 4am today in order to get to the race in time.  Plus, it was ultra sunny out... these factors result in children not wanting to pose for pictures.  Maybe later, kiddos.
No pics of the swim, but trust me - it went excellent!  Amy was able to finish her swim in 15 min and 30 sec, which is just about a personal record for her.  She was happy with swimming straight and feeling strong.  I should also mention quickly that Amy came down with a severe cold on Saturday morning.  She had almost no voice and felt dehydrated and unsure of the race.  In fact, she almost backed out.  Good thing she decided to dope up on NyQuil Cold and suffer through.  Ended up being one hell of a race!
Amy grabbed her bike and a cough drop and hit the road!  Look at that Pretty Bike!  Melissa was looking to sell her triathlon bike and Amy had been "borrowing" a tri bike from Kendall since 2006 (no joke... I seriously 'borrowed' a bike for EIGHT years!).  Guess it was time to get one that fit me correctly and I could call my very own!  Amy is now in love with her new bike! It is not only pretty, but also helped her get her best bike time ever at under 42 minutes!
As you can see above... Alisa's Favorite part of the tri is the run.  And, why shouldn't it be - the girl finished in 26 minutes! Amy and Angie were a bit less in love with the run, but both felt strong the whole time.  Amy finished with her fastest time of 34 minutes flat and was pretty happy.  Overall, my time came to 1 hour and 39 minutes.  I missed being eligible for the competitive wave by 9 pesky minutes, but I promise... I will be back next year with a vengeance!

After the race, we had to take photos of all our men.  My kiddos still wouldn't cooperate at the same time, so I never did get all the boys in one pic.  Oh well, they are all represented somewhere.  It was so great to be cheered on by such a great group! I give extra props to Kyle who came to cheer on his favorite ladies even though he wasnt' required to (like our husbands were).

Here are some pics of beautiful ladies who were all really happy with their times.  None of us look too beat, which is a great thing since we have a BBQ at the Ryersons to get to!
Kendall, Angie, Amy, Alisa and Kendall's friend

Newman!  We found her!  She did excellent and we were pleased we could catch up with her briefly after the race.  One more try getting our boys picture together.
This is a picture of a lady who just PR'd her Entire Race!  Amy couldn't have been happier with her time.  I felt a little birdie pushing me the entire way and wanted to make her proud.  The day of the race was the one year anniversary of Betty joining Jesus in Heaven.  She is truly missed here on earth, but with us on a daily basis. I'm proud that I have been running races and triathlons in her honor for over a decade and will continue until my legs won't carry me!
Did I mention my cheer squad got up at 4am to support me?  These kids are such troopers and so is their Daddy!  Thanks you guys for always being there to support me!  My favorite part of every race is looking for a high five from my men!

No comments:

Post a Comment