Wednesdays sure have changed for our group over the past few years. I remember being straight out of college and watching the boyfriends/husbands run around the field somewhat aimlessly trying to show off and catch a difficult play. Well; that hasn't changed ... it just got more comical.
 |
You may note this pic is from a few years back (Kasey is 1yr)
... Trust me - they look the same ... Just slower with more grey hair |
The thing that has changed is the number of rugrats that join us each week. The summer of 2010 was unbelievable as we had six pregnat ladies in our dugout (Amy N, Natalie, Elizabeth, Amy C, Josie, and Nickie near the end). We have watched our flock grow in numbers and height over the past few years. We now have 11 kiddos playing the field .. .that is if you count the little man that was born TUESDAY! (Congrats, Nickie and Jason Holder!!)
 |
| Nickie, Jacob and new baby, Alex! |
Recently, I had to take a few shots of the kids that were present for one of the earlier evening games from our summer league. The opposing team didn't know which set of boys they were going to play. Both the big kids and the little ones were practicing their fielding and running the bases!
 |
Kids in order - left to right:
Mason , Karsten, Kasey, Madi, and Jacob |
What I Love about the picture above is how the kids take after their Dads without even knowing it! Mason is busy fielding (Scott plays left center), Karsten on 2nd (playing where ever the team needs him), Kasey running to third (who are we kidding - Kris never makes it to third), Madi on first (Eric's favorite base), and Jacob pitching (making Jason proud).
 |
| Karsten: Practice saying "Milk, It Does a Body Good" |
Kris also decided during the game to take a quick digger as he slid for one of the bases. No, it wasn't the last play of the game nor was it the winning play... he just wanted to look cool. Doesn't his leg look 'so cool'.... sigh... At any rate; he needed some medical attention. Thank goodness for our Doc-in-Training! She patched him right up!
 |
Jackie teaching her daughter properly to wear gloves when helping
someone strange ... I mean a stranger. |
 |
| Great choice of bandaids, Madi! |
Oh, I also found a couple of cute shots on my camera from the Spring Season that I felt I should include as they show off my big guys so well!
 |
| Jim, Kris, Karsten and Kasey warming up |
No comments:
Post a Comment